Sunday, February 22, 2009

First Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, Norwalk, CT


The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity, with two Boys in Hats concerts, an ongoing adult education program at Trinity United Church in Warren, NJ, and a ski trip. The big news, however, is that yesterday and today were my candidating weekend at the First Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, of Norwalk, CT, and that, after worship this morning, the church called me to be their new senior pastor!!!

I've just gotten home and am exhausted from the weekend's activities, but am thrilled that I have been called by such a wonderful congregation. FCC, Norwalk is a welcoming multi-racial, multi-cultural congregation of 614 members, right in the heart of the city, and they have a long history of being involved in justice work. The plan is that I'll start work there on April 1 and that my family will move there to join me in early May.

I'll blog about all of this in more detail as things unfold. Right now, though, I'm going to take a nap.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome, Pastor Paul! Dan and I really enjoyed meeting you, Kimberly, and Ian at the reception on Saturday. Your sermon and your talk during "children's time" were wonderful. It really feels like God has led First Church to find you at the right time!

Edward Lent said...

Welcome, Pastor Paul-And now your life journey has intersected with each of ours and we will all be the better for it. Thank you for your engery, enthusiasm and love in helping us to better understand God, our faith and our place in the world with that faith.

Kimbery and Ian are wonderful new family members, welcome.

let's go hiking!

Unknown said...

I'm looking for the website for the church, but I can't find it. Do you have a link to it on your blog?

Paul Bryant-Smith said...

Paul, at the time that I posted this, the church did not have a functioning web page. The address for the current website is www.FCCNorwalkUCC.org