Monday, July 14, 2008

Beginning my List of "Works Published"


A few weeks ago, the annual meeting of the Central Atlantic Conference of the United Church of Christ passed a resolution in support of physician assistance in dying. As chair of the Mission, Vision and Communications Working Group, it was my job to help develop the resolution and to moderate discussions on the issue at the last two annual meetings.

At the close of the meeting, the Rev. Doug Stivison, pastor of the Haworth United Church of Christ and editor of The Living Pulpit magazine, asked me if I would write an article on the subject for the magazine's upcoming issue on ethics. As a preacher, I've produced a sermon just about every week for the last fifteen years and have written plenty of newsletter articles, but the task of writing for the magazine was very rewarding. Here are the results: Extension of Life or the Extension of Dying: Ethics at the End-of-Life. Doug has also asked me to write a series of reflections on the lectionary texts for Advent, so I'll post links to those when they come out.

No comments: